Saturday, July 26, 2014

My Little Dream... Up-cycle

So after the discover of chalk paint for me, has come the obsession with up-cycling!

Vintage is new the new trend and shabby is the new chic! this is nothing new as i've always been in love with old! From historic buildings to traditional english villages.... LOVE LOVE LOVE.

We now have various tv shows and magazines telling us how to turn someones trash into our very own treasures!

I wanted to share with you a couple of my treasures so far... turning worn and torn bedside cabinets into    lovely clean new pieces, a gorgeous lamp table (but tired) lamp table into a funky new night stand and my latest venture my bargain ebay bedroom furniture set!

 This is my old bedside dresser from when i was a little girl, discovered in mums attic! I was so eager to get my hands on it... i forgot to take a picture of what it looked like before! so half way through sanding and taking off the awful rectangle handles i quickly snapped whilst i remembered. 

I managed to pick up the simple wooden knobs from B&Q a bag of 10 for just over £10. Other DIY shops so sell them, i did try homebase who only sold individually which made them quite expensive but sometimes you can pick these things up at boot sales, car boots, and trinket shops!



This beautiful solid pine bedside cabinet was my great hans! Its all completely solid, but had an awful varnish on that was pretty garish! I sanded the chest down, replaces the handles with slightly bigger ones (again from my B&Q stash!) and gave it a lick of Annie Sloan Old Ochre paint, and now it looks gorgeous in our second bedroom! 







Follow me on 
Instagram @Sophjax22  

or 
Twitter @littledreamhome 

I would love to see your photos of what you've done!


No comments:

Post a Comment