Tuesday, July 8, 2014

My Little Dream... Boot sale addiction?

Ok, so i know what you are thinking! How is a boot sale addiction a dream? It sounds completely bizarre that an addiction could be a good thing! but i am totally in love with boot sales/fairs and really don't know what i am going to do when winter comes around.

The variety, the people, the early weekend mornings, the sunshine and most importantly the BARGAINS!!

Its true! there are bargains to be had a boot sales! Someones TAT is another persons TREASURE!
I have learnt a few things whilst trawling along the South coast at a variety of boot fairs.

As i had always thought, until now... its not always the nicer the area the better the booty! Ive got some of my favourite things from boot sales in not such great areas! and have been really disappointed by some of the areas seen to be more affluent!

But, the best tip i can give you is,  to either get  to the boot sale early or get there late...  If you can get there early the 6am wake up call can definitely be worth it! as  there is more of a selection, but if you can't scramble out of bed on your weekend off (and believe me i understand this feeling) the best thing to do is get there really late on! There's not as much of a selection but, people don't want to take things home with them  and knock things down to absurd prices!

West Malling Car Boot - Every Saturday (summer)
 During a previous post i declared my love for Johnson's Brothers Greydawn and Rosedawn china! Its not a particularly exclusive china, it has value to me as my friend Sammy brought me them as my first 4 plates in my first very own home but also i absolutely love them.

I already have far too much Greydawn china, more than could every possibly be used! but i was searching for bowls!
My gorgeous 24 pieces of Greydawn immaculately clean!


At a car boot sale in Bursledon, Hampshire recently, a lady had some Greydawn and i asked her how much for the bowls? she replied
"20p each, but you can have the lot for £1"
Oh my lordy, i would love to have seen my face in that moment, i could not have got that £1 coin out of my pocket any faster!

Obviously! I took the whole lot, and took HUGE pleasure in cleaning each piece one by one that evening at home... 24 pieces in total! bargain of the century!
Especially when you check out Ebay and they are selling for £7 per plate!


 Here are a couple of other boot sale bargains to date:

Love this Jamie Oliver Bottle!
West Malling Car Boot (near Brands Hatch)
Gorgeous Oak Framed Mirror.
Bursledon Car Boot, Hampshire

This lovely glass Jamie Oliver bottle! was 50p!
and...
this gorgeous Oak Framed mirror was just £1.

One of the best bargains i've seen was when i dragged my friend Emily out with me. She managed to bag a Villeroy & Boch Mug and Latte Cup for just 50p these are still retailing at £18 for the mug and £11 for the Latte Cup (what a steal) but most importantly she loves it! and i think thats really important!

Other bargains to date have included; 2 Poole Pottery milk jugs and 1 sugar bowl for £1 for all 3!  a Brass lamp stand, shade and bulb for £3! a small side/lamp table with leather hard wearing top for £3 (I actually upcycled this and sold on Ebay for £16!!- but ill tell you more about this later!)
A brand new pack of Sharpie and Stadler Pens in all different colours for £3, a beautiful embroidered cushion for £1! and Michael even got a dress for his brother to wear on his stag do for just 50p!

To find your nearest car boot visit: www.carbootssales.org  but if one isn't up to date or doesn't look familiar, its always advisable to call first! I learnt my lesson the hard way on that one!

Good Luck!





No comments:

Post a Comment