Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My Little Dream... Milk Jug

My gorgeous new milk jug from Chesapeake! Thanks Mum!

Most women's weakness is shoes, handbags or even chocolate. Mine... Milk Jugs!

Random, i know but if i see a little milk jug looking at me through the charity shop window i just have to have it!
My love of little milk jugs is fast becoming an unnatural obsession! Over the past few months i think i have purchased more milk jugs than i have ever owned milk to fill!

So saying there is such thing as 'My Little Dream' milk jug might be abit ambitious as i love all of them but i want to share them with you.
Cornishware has to be up there and they have such a variety of colours, shapes and sizes.

My dad picked up a TG Green Cornishware Jug from a boot sale! I know! a Car boot! who in their right mind would sell a beautiful Cornishware milk jug at the car boot! crazy! but it was lovely that the old papa thought of me and that he picked up such a great bargain, its immaculate too which is exciting.
To add to my beautiful cornishware collection of my (fake) $5 tea pot, i now own this beautiful larger jug and mumsy added to the collection on a trip to Chesapeake Mill. Chesapeake Mill is a beautiful little old mill filled with gorgeous antiques, second hand items old and new.



Its definately worth checking out!  Mumsy and I have spent hours in there in the past! it can be a bit of a jumble sale but i love a rumage!! :) Our Cornishware find at Chesapeake was a gorgeous Blue and White stripe T G Green (real) smaller Milk jug, with MILK written on the outside and the inside marked as a measuring jug. Amazing!! i am totally in love with it!


Ruby Dunes Store in Ohope, New Zealand
Just gutted that living and renting fully furnished in New Zealand sees all my beautfiul little trinkets sitting in mumsys loft till we finally come home and get a little dream home of our own. My poor mums loft is filled with some beautiful things that should be on display!

Being in New Zealand does have its perks! and yes you guessed it they come in the form of another beautiful milk jug! Which my gorgeous boyfriend brought for me on my birthday! We spotted it in a local vintage shop (which are way overpriced) recently!




This beautiful 'made in new zealand' milk jug is in a light pastel blue colour but does come in pastel pink and green too! Mike got mine at IkoIko and they retail at $39.90 NZD which is about 20 GBP (i know ridiculous for a milk jug, but it is gorgeous!!)
So... this jug sits with me by my $5 tea pot here in New Zealand and definately brings a smile to my face!



I know its looking forward to being introduced to the others one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment